IOSH (UK) MANAGING SAFELY IS A COURSE FROM THE CHARTERED BODY FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY PROFESSIONALS
The IOSH (UK) Managing Safely training provides Line Managers, Supervisors, and anyone with responsibility for other people with an overview of how to identify, evaluate and control workplace hazards and risks. This involves assessing the effectiveness of the existing safety systems in the organisation.
IOSH (UK) Managing Safely is an international certificate recognised-globally. The course is the market-leading health and safety course practical for any industry sector, and any organisation worldwide. It is designed for line managers, supervisors and anyone with responsibility for other people. Managing Safely will get them up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take, and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they’re responsible for.
Unlike any other course, Managing Safely offers a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, and a sharp business focus. The highly-innovative format and content are both engaging and inspiring – critical to getting health and safety embedded across the whole organisation.
Most importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case that health and safety is an integral part of an organisation’s day-to-day management and business.
What does the course cover?
IOSH (UK) Managing Safely covers 7 modules:
- Introducing managing safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
Risk assessment is extremely critical, through study and workplace application, delegates will be able to:
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop the company’s health and safety culture
- Ensure their teams undertake their daily activities safely
Mode of Delivery
Classroom and Virtual (Online)
IOSH (UK) Managing Safely is assessed in 2 parts:
- Multiple-Format Assessment paper, in which learners must demonstrate what they have learnt.
- Risk Assessment-Based Project, in which learners must show how to apply the knowledge they have gained throughout the course to the workplace situation.
Upon successful completion of the course, assessments and projects, delegates will receive a Certificate directly from the IOSH (UK).